Lenten Sacrifice Workaround

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I don’t really have a lot to say.  I’m still running…I know amazing.  I’m not getting any faster which makes me feel very dejected.  But I’m still doing it and I’m going on three months. I think that is the longest I have ever stuck to a running.  Of course Eric is a much faster runner…in the time it took me to run a mile, he covered almost a mile and half.  Boo.  Hopefully I can keep running but it will be hard with the biking and rollerblading I can do now with this nice weather.  I need to dedicate at least three days a week to it.
Last night was the last night of volleyball. It makes me so sad.  I love volleyball but the days are getting nice and going to a gym to play is getting difficult.  It is bike riding and rollerblading weather! 
Speaking of weather…it has been so warm.  March was the warmest month on record. Actually I think April has been colder than March.  I just hope we don’t get some random snowstorm that we have been known to get…especially Easter weekend.
Easter weekend is coming up.  In four days I can eat American candy and Ginelli’s pizza (my Lenten sacrifice).  Last year I worked out every morning before work.  I was very religious and didn’t miss a day, even when I was sick.  I also watched what I ate and counted calories…I lost almost 10 pounds.  Not bad for 40 days.  This year I didn’t work out any morning, hardly worked out at all except for running, didn’t watch what I ate and ate like a pig (ie. Killer brownie, regular brownie, cookies and non-american candy) and I lost almost 7 pounds.  Was working out every morning last year really worth the 3 extra pounds??? I don’t think so.  I’ll keep running and biking and swimming.  
I originally gave up candy but that last all of two days…however, my candy bar was made in Canada so I decided I was going to give up just American candy.  My friend and co-worker Alice’s sister was in Berlin and she brought me back Maltesers, also not American candy.  Recently I was craving candy so I bought a Toblerone which is made in Switzerland.  I have perfected getting around my sacrifice…I’m so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment