Another New Camera

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I’m like my dad in many ways.  Mom has told me “you are just like your father” often. I don’t like to gamble, I really don’t like playing cards, I love new cars, I want to buy cars all the time and I always have to have the newest gadget. So it really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that I bought yet another new camera.  Here is a run down of camera that I have in the last 10 years.:

1.    The first digital camera was the Fuji point and shoot that I liked.  It really help me start the website with lots of pictures.  That lasted a couple years until…
2.    I upgraded to a better Fuji with a bigger zoom.  Loved this camera.  I still think it takes the best pictures of any of the camera I’ve owned but the display was only a one inch square. LOL! so I…
3.    Upgraded again to yet another Fuji.  Nothing too exciting with this camera except for the 2.5 inch screen.  It didn’t \take as good of pictures as my older version.  I think I somebody ended with it.
4.    I got a cheap Sony Cybershot for our trip to Mexico, and good thing I did because I dropped it on the beach in water.  Much to my surprise it still worked after that even with sand in the lense!
5.    Then I bought a Nikon…that was a mistake, I hate that camera.  I didn’t use it for very long because the pictures were awful and I was sick of carrying a heavy camera so I got…
6.    A small point and shoot camera with a great zoom.  It was the first Panasonic Lumix.  I really loved this camera but unfortunately it fell in the toilet at Mammoth Cave and never worked again. 
7.    I replaced it with the next model of Panasonic Lumix.  That one got a dust spot on it (which apparently is a common compliant) that you can’t clean and it didn’t  take great pictures so I …
8.    Got the better Panasonic Lumix model.  This camera is great.  The Lumix takes great outside pictures and is very light weight so I’ll still use it. I really like it but in my opinion the inside pictures taken in low light don’t turn out the best.  They can be grainy.  Which lead to my recent purchase…
9.    Canon Rebel T3.  This is a DSLR camera and it was $$$.   But I think I’m going to love it.  It has interchangeable lenses and my old lenses from my film camera from college fit this model!  So far the photos seems to be much better than similar photos taken with the Lumix, especially inside with low lighting (which is the main reason I got it).    With all the Confirmations, Graduations and road trips coming up I wanted something that takes great photos, Below are some very limited examples of my new camera.  I’m so excited to use it.







No comments:

Post a Comment