Luck O’ the Lake 5K

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Yesterday we ran the ☘️ Luck O’ the Lake 5kšŸ€ in Excelsior. My friend Meghan invited us to stop at her parents house (amazing house on Lake Minnetonka). We were able to park at the house and her mom gave us a ride to the start. Huge advantage since parking in downtown Excelsior is a pain in the butt. There were about 500 people running the race. The weather was freezing…10 degrees with a wind chill of -1. I had several layers on but as usual I got warm and sweaty. My race was ok. It was my fastest 5k in a long time but I was expecting to finish faster so I was disappointed. I’ve been trying hard to get faster. It is so frustrating that I can’t get to my pre-Covid pace. 

After the race, we walked to Meghan’s parents house. Her dad made us amazing waffles. It was fun to chat with her family before we came home to relax. It was a good day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment