And the Answer is…

Friday, March 31, 2017


If you read my last post, you would know I had an MRI on my foot and I received my results last night. And the answer is…

No stress fracture, no tendonitis, no ruptured tendon but a whole lot of swelling around my 5th metatarsal and cuboid bone.

So what does that mean? I’m not really sure. The doctor told me he doesn’t know why I have swelling around my bone but it is very clear on the MRI it is present and that is why I have pain. He said to keep running and eventually the pain will go away. What the heck kind of answer is that? Other than soaking my foot in Epsom salt baths there really is nothing else he could offer to help me. I asked if I should take Advil to help with the swelling and he told me NO. Ok?

I guess I’ll be soaking my foot and running. I have noticed it has gotten a little better after I stopped doing the stretches I was told to do by the first doctor. Overall it was a strange experience. But thankfully it isn’t fractured!  I was afraid of that.

So here we are, 25 days since my pain started and not much relief in sight. Argh!

We have finally come to the end of March and the month started out with such optimism of my first marathon has turned into such despair and no running. I’ve only done 36 miles of running and 26.5 of those were on one day. I’m hoping April will be better. I have 4 races and since the doctor told me to go back to running, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment