Just Do It!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

If you are thinking of registering for your first 5K or 10K or half marathon or marathon or whatever distance, but have concerns or doubts that you can’t do it, don’t hesitate, SIGN UP!! I don’t give running advice often because I still feel like a newbie, but this is something I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to do.

18 months ago (after a year of stressing out), I finally registered for my first half marathon.  I had a lot of doubt and really didn’t think I could do it. But I persevered and enjoyed my first half so much I signed up for my second, third…seventh).  Last night, on a whim, I registered for a half marathon taking place this weekend! As I reflected on that this morning, I look back at old self and think, why did I drag my feet? Why was I so scared?  This has been such a fun journey. I wish I would have started it sooner.

So if you are thinking about doing it, just do it! <Thanks Nike! And enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment