June 2015 Recap

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Runs: 7
Walks: 6
Miles: 54.28
Races: 2 (Capital FC 5K - 36:56; Summer Breeze 10K - 1:23.55)
Outdoors: 11
Indoors: 0
Longest: 6.21 miles
Average Pace: 12:52

All I can say is UGH! I don’t know what is wrong with me. Ever since my 15K in April I have been really crappy in the running department. It is really starting to piss me off and I’m getting so discouraged. Only one run was under 12 minute/mile pace this month and that was the 5K in Oregon. I was lucky to get under 13 minute/mile pace this month. I don’t know if it is the heat but it really hasn’t been that hot. I think the hottest I ran in was 77 degrees and that was a piddly mile. And it has been a bit humid but that is no excuse. It was just a bad month.

I had two races this month. One was in Oregon and one was in London, neither were a road race. Both were on gravel, grass and dirty…my enemy!

New for June I started counting my walking too. If I go out for the sole purpose of walking, I’m going to count it. Some days I just don’t want to run, but as long as I keep moving, that is progress. Also we walked a TON in London I put in almost 35,000 steps a day. My phone says that is about 15 miles but I halved it and 7.5 miles each of the days. That was the only way I was getting to 50 miles this month! However, I’m not including my walking times in the "Average Pace." I’m going to leave that for strictly running. Although it is so slow in June you probably think I was mostly walking. :(

I have high hopes for July. I only have one race, well two but one is the Insane Inflatable obstacle race course and I don’t plan on running it. I have no vacations outside of camping this weekend and Sioux Falls next weekend for the Insane Inflatable race. I’m busy every weekend but I should be able to get my runs done. Here is hoping for a better month. I need one, I just signed up for another 15K in November.


Trophies for June

No comments:

Post a Comment