January 2015 Recap

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Runs: 14
Miles: 36.3
Races: 1 (Flurry Scurry 5K 36:20)
Outdoors: 8
Indoors: 6
Longest: 4 miles
Average Pace: 11:58

2015 started out terrible. I didn’t get off the couch until January 9th and I had a rough start back into running after so many days off. That is part of the reason my month was so low on mileage. I didn’t want to go out there and do a 5, 6 or 7 mile run without properly building back to that distance. I know Eric said that 9 days is nothing but I don’t want to get hurt and then be forced to sit out. 

I had one race this month, the Lake Minnetonka Flurry Scurry. I’m not happy with my time. But my average pace was faster than the horrible Resolution Run in December. My weight hasn’t really come off this month so I’m still luging around an extra 9 pounds of fat.

I hate January. However, we were lucky as the temperature were fairly mild. But I hate running at night in the winter. I can’t see ice patches. I know excuses! My pace got a bit faster than December but I did very short runs in January which are generally faster. We will see how the next month will be.

Trophies for January
There are some new trophies out there. The first three I’ve never seen before. The first one is “Race Speed: Fast company. You earned 28+ per minute for 50 minutes.” (I’m not sure what that means but it sounds good.) The second one, “Mighty Monday: You beat the Mondays and topped your Best Monday.”  So that one is cool. And the last new one is “Supersonic. We felt that one. You earned 18+ a minute for 30 minutes, 3 times a week.” (I’m assuming that means I had 3 hard workouts this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment