IKEA, New Running Outfit and Snow

Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm happy to announce that Danielle Williams was born November 14, 2014. Another niece named Danielle!!! :)

Yesterday DJ and Brenda came up for a little shopping. We met at Caribou for some breakfast. Stopped at home to register Brenda and her friend for the Zumbrota 17 Mile trail run in April and then off to shopping.

Where did all these people come from?
IKEA was crazy. We had to park in the back of the lot and the place was buzzing. I’m not sure what was going on yesterday but it was busy. We looked at all the rooms, getting ideas for DJ’s house. A 1920s era house…no closets. I’m not sure what people back in the day did without closets! I was looking at their cabinets. I’d love to get a new kitchen but I don’t have $12,000 to do it! We ate at the restaurant…Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes…yum! We picked up some items in the bed and bath area. I picked up a rug for the bathroom and a basket for our gloves and scarves. DJ got a comforter and pillow case set. We got the checkout line and the line was all the way to the back of the store…there were 3 lines that long. It was INSANE! We decided we didn’t want to waste an hour checking out so we bolted without any of our stuff. :( Eric and I will head over during the week when it isn’t so crazy!

Nike Running Store…how I love thee!
After we bolted from IKEA we headed to the new Outlet Mall just over the river from the Mall. We stoped at the Nike store. I found some amazing running pants, I can’t believe I bought them. They are not something I would normally buy but I love them. I also got a bright pink long sleeve top to match…and a pair of boring black running tights. I spent way too much money! But don’t I look “sassy”? (As DJ would say)

Winter Wonderland Run
It snowed most of the day so my run was very snowy. It was great. I wasn’t sure how far I was going to go because the ice from Monday’s storm was covered with snow. But I kept going, running on the streets. When I got the community center, I decided to try the trail. It was great, I never really felt like I was going to slip and fall on ice. My time was great and I felt great. I’m not sure if it was the new running outfit or what, but it was amazing. I never walked the entire 5 miles. And mile 5 was my fastest! I hope I have a day like that when we run the 15K in April!



No comments:

Post a Comment