The Evil Plateau

Monday, April 28, 2014

I have been stalled. I gain a few, I lose a few but the scale won’t budge any lower. The evil plateau. I took measurements on Saturday and in 37 days (because the last time I took measurements was March 20th) I lost 3.4 pounds and technically 4 inches: ½” on my waist, hips and both thighs, ¼” on both calfs and my arms stayed the same. :(  So what about the other 2 inches…my chest. Yep my boobs took the biggest loss…and there wasn’t much there to begin with. So it is discouraging to say the least.

Weekend Home!
I’m so gratefully to have a weekend home. I love traveling and going places but sometimes being home is good too. Friday night we drove down to Mankato to pick up our Gorilla suits for the Gorilla Run this Saturday and we had dinner with Danielle and DJ.

I want a Maple Iced Ring Donut, please…
Saturday I woke up and went for a run. I went to the Minnesota River Bluffs trail again. Big difference from Good Friday, it was packed on Saturday. I took the last parking spot. I was smart this time and brought water on my run. I have to say the collapsible water bottle is dumb and I have to get a better hydration system for the next run! I went 3.3 miles out and surprisingly my first mile was not my fastest! Mile 2 was my fastest. I felt great all the way out to the turnaround point. I drank some water and it definitely helped my feel better. Mile 4 was also good but somewhere on Mile 5 the problems began.  I was running out of water and I was starving. All I could think about was a Maple Iced Donut from the donut shop. When you have another 1.6 miles to go this is bad sign. I saved my last bit of water for the 6 mile mark so I was thirsty too. The last mile or so, I could see downtown Shakopee and all I could think was I want a donut. I really struggled during that mile and my time shows it. I need to buy some mini Pearson’s Salted Nut Rolls and bring them with me on those long runs. I know sporty people would say you should use the gels and bars but to be honest they taste like crap and the Pearson’s Salted Nut Rolls provide the same thing…sweet and salty. So two things I need to buy before my next run, a water fanny pack and a bag of mini Pearson’s Salted Nut Rolls. I should be paid for pushing their product so much! After the run, my fastest 10K by over 3 minutes…by the way…I went straight to the donut shop and scarfed down my maple iced ring. I didn’t even get out of the drive thru lane and it was gone. Delicious! Here are my splits from the run:

Twins Win!
After the run and donuts (yes I had two!) I took a shower and we headed to our second Twins game of the year. It was a bit cold and windy in the stands but when the sun shined it was beautiful. The game didn’t start off too good for us as Detroit put up two quick runs in the 1st inning. Thankfully their starter had to leave the game in the 3rd inning because of a blister on his finger so we got to their bullpen early. In one inning the Twins scored 4 runs and only had one hit. They sure do get walks this year. :) The final score was 5-3. Yay! We crashed at home the rest of the evening…wiped out from being outside all day in the wind.

Back inside
My run on Sunday was back inside. It was pouring and 20+ mph wind. I decided it wasn’t worth it to run outside so I took it to the indoor track. It felt weird to be inside again. It was hot in there. I took the opportunity to do some speed work again. So I ran one lap normal speed, one lap faster. I did that 3 miles and finished in 37 minutes. Not bad for me coming off my long run on Saturday. I was happy. I came home and folded some clothes and took a shower and went out for dinner with friends…a nice weekend home.

Training Update
Miles ran in 2014:  203 miles (only 197 miles left to go)
Weekly Mileage: Swim = 1/2 mile; Bike = 9.6 miles; Run = 15.5 miles; Total = 25.6 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment