Off the Wagon

Monday, March 3, 2014

Well I sort of fell of the wagon this weekend.  Did I really fall off? I feel like I have but after thinking about it I don’t know if I really did or not.  Confused?  So am I!

Friday I struggled through an almost 3 mile run.  My IT band was angry at me and I was angry at it. I limped across the “finish line” of 50 miles in February and stopped. I haven’t run since. I know I need to cut back on my running until this thing is healed. I came home and iced it and rolled on my foam roller and now it feels bruised. I will go running again this week but I’m not sure if it will be tonight or not.  I have taken 2 days off, I’m not sure if I need to take more or not. I guess we will see how I feel after work.

I really wanted to run Saturday but my leg said NO! I did the next best thing I went swimming laps. Oh the pool, how I have missed thee!  I swam for about 45 minutes.  I focused on my arms and freestyle swimming. I did a few laps of breast stroke but the kick really hurt my leg so I only did it every third lap.  It was crazy busy at the pool.  There were lots of little kids getting in my way. I guess this is a good way to train for 100s of other triathletes trying to swim in a pond together.

Also on Saturday I finished the laundry from last week. I’m telling you I struggle at laundry.  Finally, after months and months, I mated all the socks.  That was a huge accomplishment. After Eric got home from work, I told him I had to get out of the house and I need Don Pablo’s NOW! It had been a while since we ate at Don Pablo’s and for some reason I need it Saturday.  I gorged myself on chips and salsa and root beer. It was so delicious. It felt like I ate a ton but I only ate half of my quesadilla. When we got home I cracked open the Samoa cookies too. It was a bad night. I paid for it Sunday…gained a pound.  But with all that food and sodium, I’m not surprised.

Yesterday was a low key day but I ate a lot.  Heck, I ate over 1/3 of a Tombstone pizza and the rest of my quesadilla!  And on top of all that food, I did zero exercise. I basically sat on the couch all day watching TV and eating.  We briefly went out but it wasn’t for very long and as soon as we got home I was back on the couch. It is no wonder I gained again this morning.

But I’ll get back on track.  I have no worries. I figure you have to have a weekend like this every once in a while to kick start the old metabolism…right?

Training Recap
Miles ran in 2014:  101.2 miles (only 298.8 miles left to go)
Week 22 Mileage: Swim = .5 miles; Bike = 0 miles; Run = 12 miles; Total = 12.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment