An Inflamed IT Band

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Well this will be the first Saturday I won’t get to run in over 4 months. I am very sad. :(   I want to run, I really do, and I may go walking later (and possibly run a litle). But I should really take the day off.  I did 3 miles last night very fast and I think that has finally aggravated my IT band to the point it really hurts to walk. Darn! So for those who aren’t familiar, the IT band is a sort of tendon (?) that runs along the outside of your leg from your pelvis to your knee.  It is important for stabilizing the knee during running.  Apparently, I’m not alone, this injury affects 12% of runners.  My pain is above my knee, almost right in the middle of my leg. I have been told to get a foam roller to stretch it out and hopefully ease my pain. Later tonight I’m off to Sports Authority to get yet another training tool. I’m disappointed that I will miss a Saturday. Saturdays are typically been my long run day and I do between 4-6 miles. Not today. If I do any running it would be 2 miles at most.  I don’t want to make it worse!   Swimming would have been a good activity to do today to cross train but, I worked today. Blah. I got home just in time for our new coach to be delivered.  Yay!  I love it. It is very comfy to sit on, I’m so happy!

Assuming I don’t run today here are my weekly training recap:

Training Recap

Pounds lost: 29 (almost to 30) :)
Miles ran in 2014: 40 miles (only 360 miles left to go)
Mileage:  Week 19:  Swim = 0 miles; Bike = 0 miles; Run = 11.1 miles; Total = 11.1 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment