Cold, Colder, Coldest

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Well, nothing is new.  I've been busy at work, which is typical for January.  I worked today. I don't really mind working Saturdays in January and February. What else am I going to do?  Sit on the couch, watching TV all day and being a lazy bum?

Last weekend I didn't have to work but Eric had a lot of homework.  Greg, Celeste and Evelyn help me escape the craziness of Eric doing homework and took me to the Mall of America.  They are going on a Disney cruise next week and they needed sandals.  It was nice to get out of the house and the weather was really nice. It was in the 40s in the early afternoon but after we got home from the mall the temperature started dropping and fast. When I went grocery shopping around 6pm it was 19 degrees but the time I got home at 7pm it was 13 degrees.  Every time I looked at the thermometer it dropped another 2 degrees. By the time we went to bed at 10pm it was almost zero!  Like I said, the temperature dropped very fast.   Also on Saturday, Swirl did this to my computer (if you can see it he managed to turn the screen sideways!):
Somehow Swirl managed to hit the Ctrl + Alt + Up arrow key at the same time. Clever little kitty.
Sunday was still cold.   And Eric was still working on homework so I went shopping.  When I came home from my unsuccessful shopping trip I finally dragged Eric out of the house. This was the first time he left the house since we got home from swimming on Friday!  We went to the Mall of America...yep I went to the MOA twice last weekend. LOL!  I found some shoes the day before that I loved but thought I could get them cheaper online, but no such luck. I went back the DSW shoes and bought them and they are the best. I love them!

Monday was technically a holiday for work, but as always I had to work. I'm kind of happy that I had to work because who really wants a day off in the middle January.  Also the high temperature for the day was -4 degrees...FREAKING COLD! Thankfully I was able to park in the Ameriprise underground heated parking garage so our car didn't have to sit outside!  

Tuesday morning was another cold one, it was -14 degrees when we got in the car. Tuesday was also the start of the next volleyball session. We split the match, winning 2 games and losing 2. I managed to jam two fingers.  My pointer and ring finger on my right hand.  How I managed to jam those two and not my middle finger is beyond me.  So I have bruising again.  UGH!  And considering I'm "footing" numbers all day on the calculator, it made for a very painful Wednesday.  Every time I had use either finger a bit of pain would go up my arm.  Wednesday was also a swim day.  We did a half a mile again.  My time was faster then the last time.   Thursday was band and last night was another swim day.  Since Eric had class, I was able to swim longer. I did 3/4 a mile in 45 minutes. It felt wonderful. I just love swimming.  

I'm happy that the temperature is suppose to be around freezing tomorrow. Hooray!  Every time I look at the thermometer it is going up. That is much better than last Saturday. :)

Strange thought of the week: When I saw it was 12 degrees outside on Friday my first thought was "YAY!" Cold weather must have frozen my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment