MnDot, do you have plows?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Like I mentioned in the last post, I love snow except when it ruins my plans or make my commutes long.  Well let’s just say this week has been hell on the commuting part.  It has really tested my patience. Thankfully we can use the car pool lane, but that only helps to a point.  On the traffic map, every possible route from downtown Minneapolis to our house has been wonderful shades of red. Now I know that Christmas is less than two weeks away but MnDot I don’t like seeing all that red!  Our mornings haven’t been too bad. But maybe my brain is still frozen from my nice walk Monday morning to remember exactly.  Monday morning was the worst one and I understand that it was still snow into the evening on Sunday so I expected that.  We left early but not early enough because I had to walk about 8 blocks. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem but it was zero degrees and the some of the sidewalks were not shoveled.  Add the plows 3 foot crusty hard snow piles at every intersection made it interesting. Good thing I wore boots.  Monday night was horrible. It looked as though MnDot hadn’t plowed at all.  I mean it took us over an hour and a half to get to Eden Prairie (3 times normal time).  I was starving and told Eric I was in no mood to cook dinner so we ate at the Mall and did some shopping. I have to say Hwy 169 heading south was plowed really well.  Tuesday morning was fine but Tuesday night, again, horrible. Again the traffic map was aglow with red.  It took us over an hour and a half to get home.   UGH!!!  The roads are terrible. It is really sad when county roads are in better shape that major interstate. Come on MnDot get with the program!

This morning was good, we will see what tonight will bring. Here is the map…doesn’t look too bad. I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment