Deep thoughts on this hump day

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Two post in one week and I’m not on vacation…wow! I don’t have any particular reason to write right now but I thought why not jot down my random thoughts on this hump day.
Honey Boo Boo Child, you brighten my day
There is a new episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo tonight that I’m very excited to watch. This is my new obsession. If you never heard of Honey Boo Boo, she is a 7 year old girl from McIntyre, GA. It is a spin-off of Toddlers & Tiaras, centered around contestant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her family.  They are very…well…rednecks.  One of her tag lines is “let’s get redneck-ognized” (recognized).  So the show follows the family around and it has subtitles for the whole show because they ain’t the most articulate people. LOL!  Mama is a 300 pound stay at home mom. She has 4 daughters with 4 different fathers.  Honey Boo Boo is the youngest and her daddy (Sugar Bear) still lives with the family.  They aren’t married because Mama doesn’t believe in marriage. The oldest daughter, Chickadee, just had a baby at 17 and the baby has 2 thumbs on one hand.  In case you are wondering, the other two daughters’ names are “Chubbs” and “Pumpkin.” They are kind of a freak show but they really love each other and I’d rather watch them then the stupid Kardashians.  This little girl didn’t whore herself out to get a tv show, nope she just oozes personality and she is so funny.  And the show is not scripted like the stupid K clan…oops I mean klan. 
Dearest iPad, how have I lived without thee?
I’ll admit when the iPads came out I thought who in the world would want that. I can’t upload pictures to my website, I can’t put a dvd in the computer, it really is just a stupid smartphone on steroids.  I recently succumbed to the iPad craze and I, too, am now an iPad owner. I have had it about 2 weeks and I LOVE it.  I don’t know how I lived without it. It is really sad how much it has taken over my life. Swirl makes a perfect iPad holder as you can see.

Oh Running, why have you forsaken me?
I really have been bad. I did so good in August, ran 4-5 times a week and loved it. I couldn’t wait to get home and get out for a run.  August has come and gone and now it is 19 days into September and I‘ve gone once. Yep one time.  Where did my enthusiasm go?  Where did my drive go?  I wish I knew. I’m not blaming the iPad because I got that 9 days into the month.  The main reason is vacation. I don’t why this happens to me. Every time I go on vacation I come back lazy and stop all work out routines.  Last night I could have gone running but instead I went shopping (I got some really nice clothes though). I need to get back on the running bandwagon.  Oct. 1st is a Monday…what a prefect day to start anew. 
Well that is about from here today.  Nothing that exciting but still insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment