Vacation cursed

Friday, December 30, 2011

It has been a few days. I think I'm vacation cursed. I've been sick the last few days. The one room that I became very close with at the San Diego Hilton was the bathroom.  It is awful. Hopefully I'm better now. I've been drink Pepto like water. 

I started to feel sick at the Safari Park. I couldn't eat anything for dinner. I was up at 4 am and spent 3 hours in the bathroom. I thought I was going to die. I managed to get well enough for our Tijuana tour.

Tijuana was a bust and a dump. They are so poor and the houses are shanties. Kind of sad.  We spent some dollars on leather goods and jewelry that the vendors were pushing.  They are like vultures. Very annoying. We had lunch and came back to the US. I'm sure if I felt better I would have enjoyed it more. The crossing back to US took well over an hour.  We got back to San Diego and Eric, Mike and Mom went on a harbor cruise without me. I was too sick. I actually took a nap. I felt better last night but still couldn't eat anything.

I had another rude awakening this morning but atleast I could sleep in until 5:30. But I finally had an appetite! We left San Diego by 8am. We took the very long way back to Las Vegas via Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park and 29 Palms. It was an interesting drive with different scenery.  We are currently standing on I-15, 51 miles from Vegas. Ugh!  Tonight we are meeting my cousin Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment