H.M.S. Pinafore

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The summer concert series is done. Yay! I love playing in band and I like the concerts but I have to say I'm glad it is done. Like I said before we had a concert Sunday at Centennial Lakes and last night at Starring Lake in Eden Prairie. I even played 1st Trombone last night. Yikes!

On Sunday we bought a new TV stand from Ashley Furniture. I love it but I was very upset that it was "Made in China"....WHAT??? CHINA??? Ok like half of my high school class works at Ashley in Arcadia, WI. SO seeing "made in China" kind of pissed me off. But I digress....Our TV looked so silly on the little stand, now it looks cool.

Monday I got an email from Guthrie Theater saying please come back. So the deal was I could get tickets for the Gilbert and Sullivan's "HMS Pinafore" for $20! Cheap!! So we went Tuesday night. It was great. The story is hilarious...click here to see the info on the musical. This play has a special place in Eric's heart as one of The Simpsons episode featured the music from this play, plus it was the play in one episode of Mr. Belvedere and Family Guy made a reference to it too.

1 day until Eric's birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment